- World Building Info
We’ve been bucking some cosmic forces on this one: at the 11th hour, as I added Section 6 to the book (which, upon consideration, I thought really important to include to have a well-rounded manual) — as I tried to save and couldn’t, right as that sinking feeling sank in, a virus took down two production computers, *and* backups (that had, unbeknownst to us, also recorded the virus along with the complete book). With one computer relegated to the trash heap, over the last week we’ve dealt with a (coincidentally?) dead modem, house being rewired for electricity (! WTF? why now?), a medical emergency with a horse (if you keep large animals, you have an inkling what chaos this entails), a near-death experience with a pet mouse (not directly related to the horse event, but I suspect Cosmic Phenomenon at work), the loss, then reconstruction, of copy for our related promotional efforts, and and and….
There is only one clear lesson to draw from this. When the time is ripe to release something truly Momentous upon the writing and game design world, trust that the forces of Cthulu will rise from the deep, invest your electronics, skew the laws of chance, and make all your dice rolls turn up 1’s and 2’s.
Persistence, I tell you, is the key.
Not only have we returned with an even better Gazetteer Writer’s Manual (I had to rewrite some sections of the book that were trashed, and did even better with the second pass than on the first) , but we have also partnered with Tim Loya Games to bring this to you in a Dirt Cheap promotional package you won’t want to miss.
We’ll go live with this marvelous book in the next few days, and although the delay was unintended, I think you will find it has been well worth the wait.
Thanks for your patience, and we’ll be jumping out of the bandbox very soon, along with news about our Gazetteer writing contest winner, our Expedition Journals of Amestus Armen co-promotion, and the amazing compilation that is The Gazetteer Writer’s Manual. The combined work that went into this book is truly unique in the world building field. I haven’t seen anything like it out there, and I can’t wait to share it with you.
Browse Our Catalog
- Demon Lovers: Succubi Demon Lovers: Succubi
- The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin
- Dragonsword Dragonsword
- Crash Course Training Manual Crash Course Training Manual
- Succubus Lore and Legend Succubus Lore and Legend
- The Gazetteer Writer's Manual Document your fictional world and share it with others! A complete road-map to producing professional-quality gazetteers for your setting.
- World Building Tips, Volume 1 This book is crammed with world-building tips and practical how-to from the World Building Academy. Jumpstart your creative process in your fictional worlds. "The FIRST book you need!...An excellent primer on worldbuilding." - Jacqueline Lichtenberg, award-winning science fiction author.
- Sa'adani Tales: The Annotated Laj Khai Folklore from a science fictional world. See part of the Sa'adani Empire as the locals do, through their myths and legends. This book contains stories and lore from the setting that is a backdrop to Deborah Teramis Christian's science fiction novels, and is her first-ever short fiction collection.
- World Building Tips, Volume 2 Volume 2 in this popular series covers topics ranging from transportation to travel, communications, and an interesting assortment of eclectica.
- M/s Relationships, Submission, and Slavery This is a collection of essays by Teramis, delving into the nature of bdsm, M/s and D/s relationships, and the difference between submission and slavery. This is the first in a the D/s Relationships book series from D/s Press.
Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Be sure to click APPLY COUPON before checking out, if using a coupon! The price will change in the cart total. If not, you haven't yet applied your coupon code.
Teramis is back, with her first story collection published in more than a decade. Make a great escape to her science fiction universe with the armchair traveler tales in this book. Click here for more!
World Building Academy course materials