- World Building Info
If you’re part of the growing world building community we’re associated with, the active conversation has migrated to the new World Building Academy forum page. Feel free to read and comment–you don’t need to be a list member to do so (though you’ll have to register at the forum to post there.)
And of course, if you have a particular interest in world building, consider joining the WBA list for free info and world-building tips and how-to. Click here for more info.
As I mentioned somewhere (and I am forgetting where! Too many conversations, not enough brain!) – my novel Splintegrate has come back to me unexpectedly for revisions. This has delayed work on all manner of Storybones projects, including the Succubus Lore and Legend ebook that is a freebie for purchasers of our Demon Lovers: Succubi anthology (see details of the free book offer halfway down this page.) Lore was slated for September release. I’m still trying to make that deadline but it is now entangled with other editing crunch work.
I’ll keep you posted on it as things progress.
On other fronts, the next new project on our list is an ebook that covers a world building topic. What topic? Well, that’s actually under discussion right now. If you have an opinion about it, please comment on this thread.
When we get a better feel for what serves a need right now, we’ll be firming up our plans. So: Succubus Lore in progress, and a world-building ebook around the corner. I am also planning a relaunch of the Crash Course Training Manual, which is for sale already at this site, but has fallen out of the public eye.
And OH yes, I just connected with a wonderful cartographer, Alyssa Faden, who I want to use for some upcoming projects. I love her work not least of all because she produces some hand-drawn things that look like what *I* do when I have time. While I’m so busy writing, though, I no longer have time for that sort of mapping/drawing extravaganza. (It is it’s own full-time job, done right.) But it’s a delight to find someone whose work so closely mirrors the look and feel that I strive for in my own productions. I have no doubt you’ll be seeing some of her work in Storybones products in the future. You can read more about Alyssa and Like her Facebook Fan page here.
Browse Our Catalog
- Demon Lovers: Succubi Demon Lovers: Succubi
- The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin
- Dragonsword Dragonsword
- Crash Course Training Manual Crash Course Training Manual
- Succubus Lore and Legend Succubus Lore and Legend
- The Gazetteer Writer's Manual Document your fictional world and share it with others! A complete road-map to producing professional-quality gazetteers for your setting.
- World Building Tips, Volume 1 This book is crammed with world-building tips and practical how-to from the World Building Academy. Jumpstart your creative process in your fictional worlds. "The FIRST book you need!...An excellent primer on worldbuilding." - Jacqueline Lichtenberg, award-winning science fiction author.
- Sa'adani Tales: The Annotated Laj Khai Folklore from a science fictional world. See part of the Sa'adani Empire as the locals do, through their myths and legends. This book contains stories and lore from the setting that is a backdrop to Deborah Teramis Christian's science fiction novels, and is her first-ever short fiction collection.
- World Building Tips, Volume 2 Volume 2 in this popular series covers topics ranging from transportation to travel, communications, and an interesting assortment of eclectica.
- M/s Relationships, Submission, and Slavery This is a collection of essays by Teramis, delving into the nature of bdsm, M/s and D/s relationships, and the difference between submission and slavery. This is the first in a the D/s Relationships book series from D/s Press.
Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Be sure to click APPLY COUPON before checking out, if using a coupon! The price will change in the cart total. If not, you haven't yet applied your coupon code.
Teramis is back, with her first story collection published in more than a decade. Make a great escape to her science fiction universe with the armchair traveler tales in this book. Click here for more!
World Building Academy course materials
Subscribe to Blog via Email