- World Building Info
Introduction – Teramis
BDSM Defined: An Exploration of Adult Sexualities & Lifestyles
There are many styles of kink that people engage in, but they all have one thing in common: they are activities that take place between consenting adults. Contrary to stereotype, neither SM nor BDSM encompasses or condones abuse, nor do these activities necessarily relate to sex or sexuality, for that is not the exclusive realm in which BDSM plays out. This essay takes a look at what BDSM is, and what it is not.
The Nature of Master/slave (Owner/property) Relationships
There seems to be a common pattern of misconceptions about Owner/property relationships (also called “Master/slave” relationships, although I have issues with that terminology) – and the nature of persons who become involved in consensual slavery as the slave. This essay looks at things unique to M/s and its viability as a relationship style.
A Slave is Not a Submissive
Many people think a slave is some kind of über-sub, someone far more submissive than the average submissive, beyond the pale of human norms and well into the doormat zone. Nothing could be further from the truth. This essay looks at key differences between sub and slave.
What Does the Slave Get Out of It?
It’s obvious what the dominant is getting in D/s, right? Service. But as one correspondent once asked me, what does the slave get out of it? Here’s my answer to that question.
Trust, Safety, and Surrender
These three elements are very interconnected and essential to achieving successful power exchange.
The Need to Belong
A personal musing on one of the driving forces for many persons’ submission, my own included.
Teramis’ Basic Rules of Engagement
Advice once asked and offered on a submissive’s journey.
Mailing List Links
Browse Our Catalog
- Demon Lovers: Succubi Demon Lovers: Succubi
- The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin
- Dragonsword Dragonsword
- Crash Course Training Manual Crash Course Training Manual
- Succubus Lore and Legend Succubus Lore and Legend
- The Gazetteer Writer's Manual Document your fictional world and share it with others! A complete road-map to producing professional-quality gazetteers for your setting.
- World Building Tips, Volume 1 This book is crammed with world-building tips and practical how-to from the World Building Academy. Jumpstart your creative process in your fictional worlds. "The FIRST book you need!...An excellent primer on worldbuilding." - Jacqueline Lichtenberg, award-winning science fiction author.
- Sa'adani Tales: The Annotated Laj Khai Folklore from a science fictional world. See part of the Sa'adani Empire as the locals do, through their myths and legends. This book contains stories and lore from the setting that is a backdrop to Deborah Teramis Christian's science fiction novels, and is her first-ever short fiction collection.
- World Building Tips, Volume 2 Volume 2 in this popular series covers topics ranging from transportation to travel, communications, and an interesting assortment of eclectica.
- M/s Relationships, Submission, and Slavery This is a collection of essays by Teramis, delving into the nature of bdsm, M/s and D/s relationships, and the difference between submission and slavery. This is the first in a the D/s Relationships book series from D/s Press.
Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Be sure to click APPLY COUPON before checking out, if using a coupon! The price will change in the cart total. If not, you haven't yet applied your coupon code.
Teramis is back, with her first story collection published in more than a decade. Make a great escape to her science fiction universe with the armchair traveler tales in this book. Click here for more!
World Building Academy course materials
Subscribe to Blog via Email