- World Building Info
Who Am I, Who Are We?
In the 1980s, ’90s, and early ’00s, I designed, edited, and published game content as a freelancer and did related software development under the auspices of my company, D. Christian & Associates. In 2003 I decided to become more involved with independent game development. I created Storybones in that year to be a commercial development and design house for my various projects. The Storybones website has been online since 2004.
We published the Crash Course Training Manual, a d20 training rules supplement, but unfortunately, shortly thereafter a catastrophic data loss basically blew our business out of the water, sinking several projects in development along with it. I was finishing my sociology degree at the time, and that process had to take precedence. Our web and business presence languished for a while, although work on various projects has continued in the background in the interim.
I have recently returned full-time to writing and design work, and with this has come the resurrection of Storybones. We are both a game development studio, and a project publishing house (meaning, we only publish things we really like and are really engaged with, and that dovetail with our varied creative interests. We won’t be producing an ongoing string of fiction books, say, simply because we can publish). RPG design and publishing projects, immersive storygaming and other forms of narrative entertainment are some of the areas Storybones is interested in pursuing. In June 2012 we published our first fiction anthology, Demon Lovers: Succubi, to good reviews. Other shiny new projects are in the works. Subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed for updates along the way.
Contact: crone [at] storybones [dot] net
Browse Our Catalog
- Demon Lovers: Succubi Demon Lovers: Succubi
- The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin
- Dragonsword Dragonsword
- Crash Course Training Manual Crash Course Training Manual
- Succubus Lore and Legend Succubus Lore and Legend
- The Gazetteer Writer's Manual Document your fictional world and share it with others! A complete road-map to producing professional-quality gazetteers for your setting.
- World Building Tips, Volume 1 This book is crammed with world-building tips and practical how-to from the World Building Academy. Jumpstart your creative process in your fictional worlds. "The FIRST book you need!...An excellent primer on worldbuilding." - Jacqueline Lichtenberg, award-winning science fiction author.
- Sa'adani Tales: The Annotated Laj Khai Folklore from a science fictional world. See part of the Sa'adani Empire as the locals do, through their myths and legends. This book contains stories and lore from the setting that is a backdrop to Deborah Teramis Christian's science fiction novels, and is her first-ever short fiction collection.
- World Building Tips, Volume 2 Volume 2 in this popular series covers topics ranging from transportation to travel, communications, and an interesting assortment of eclectica.
- M/s Relationships, Submission, and Slavery This is a collection of essays by Teramis, delving into the nature of bdsm, M/s and D/s relationships, and the difference between submission and slavery. This is the first in a the D/s Relationships book series from D/s Press.
Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Be sure to click APPLY COUPON before checking out, if using a coupon! The price will change in the cart total. If not, you haven't yet applied your coupon code.
Teramis is back, with her first story collection published in more than a decade. Make a great escape to her science fiction universe with the armchair traveler tales in this book. Click here for more!
World Building Academy course materials
Subscribe to Blog via Email