Welcome to the Web Home of Storybones!
Storybones is a role-playing game design studio doing original development work and some projects on a work-for-hire basis.
Storybones Publishing is our associated business, what we like to call a “project publishing” imprint. That is to say, we publish only specific projects that we like and feel very engaged with. We produce unique works that are fiction, non-fiction, or rpg-related that complement our exploration of fictional worlds.
At this site you will find:
● Bookstore: fiction, non-fiction, and rpg-related publications for sale
● Blog: current news and info on projects and some things that are under development.
● Supporting Materials: will be online here over time, such as free downloads to complement a product you have purchased.
Storybones publishes various pieces of fiction on a “project publishing” basis (see our catalog in the right sidebar). We’ve lately ventured into anthology publishing with the Demon Lovers series, a collection that inquires into the nature of various demonic creatures. Our flagship anthology is Demon Lovers: Succubi (June 2012). A companion volume, Demon Lovers: Incubi is in the works but has been moved in the calendar to a 2014 release. You can order this through our Bookstore here, or read more about it at the book site. Liking our Facebook fan page for the series will keep you posted on updates through your FB stream.
The main RPG focus of Storybones is on campaign and sourcebook material, couched either in generic/universal rule sets, or tailored to the d20/Pathfinder systems.
One of our main subjects are the Sa’adani Empire science fiction setting and the Àstareth fantasy world that are the backdrops for the fiction of Deborah Teramis Christian (that’s me writing this. Hi!). These science fiction and fantasy novels are published by Tor Books, and all take place in settings that have been designed (and played in) as role-playing game settings.
If you are a fan of my work or are curious about what I have written, check out my personal website, Notes From the Lizard Lair (see book links in the menu bar there). In the professional game design world, I wrote and edited for TSR, West End Games, and others during the Old School era, and have been part of miscellaneous projects since then. If you’re interested, my bibliography is here.
Want to know what’s new? Check out the Projects tab on the menu bar above. That section summarizes what’s on the schedule for the near future. The World Building Academy is a project I’m especially excited about; Storybones will be publishing course material for it. See the World Building Info tab on this page’s menu bar, or click this link for more.
Now and then Storybones hires rpg and fiction writers on a work-for-hire basis, so check the Projects section to see if there is something we need contributions for. You’re welcome to inquire even if I haven’t announced a formal opening yet. At the very least, networking might be to our mutual benefit.
So, that’s it for now. Welcome to Storybones. Have a look around, kick the tires, and if you consider yourself a world builder looking to learn more, be sure to check out the World Building Info page at this site.
Deborah Teramis Christian
Publisher and Managing Game Designer
crone [at] storybones [dot] net
Browse Our Catalog
- Demon Lovers: Succubi Demon Lovers: Succubi
- The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin The Transformation of Gerick Bare-Skin
- Dragonsword Dragonsword
- Crash Course Training Manual Crash Course Training Manual
- Succubus Lore and Legend Succubus Lore and Legend
- The Gazetteer Writer's Manual Document your fictional world and share it with others! A complete road-map to producing professional-quality gazetteers for your setting.
- World Building Tips, Volume 1 This book is crammed with world-building tips and practical how-to from the World Building Academy. Jumpstart your creative process in your fictional worlds. "The FIRST book you need!...An excellent primer on worldbuilding." - Jacqueline Lichtenberg, award-winning science fiction author.
- Sa'adani Tales: The Annotated Laj Khai Folklore from a science fictional world. See part of the Sa'adani Empire as the locals do, through their myths and legends. This book contains stories and lore from the setting that is a backdrop to Deborah Teramis Christian's science fiction novels, and is her first-ever short fiction collection.
Shopping CartYour cart is empty
Be sure to click APPLY COUPON before checking out, if using a coupon! The price will change in the cart total. If not, you haven't yet applied your coupon code.
Teramis is back, with her first story collection published in more than a decade. Make a great escape to her science fiction universe with the armchair traveler tales in this book. Click here for more!
World Building Academy course materials